Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Arrg My Back!

How does that Robert Burns saying go? I believe it is, "The best-laid plans of mice and men oft go awry." Rings much too true! Sunday I awoke with a burst of energy and was going to get many of my Fall chores completed. There was raking to do, bushes to trim, items to be brought into the garage for the winter and a trip to the dump to get rid of the leaves that would have been raked. Well....since oil prices have been dropping I figured I would check the level in our oil tank. Due to the fact that our house is well over 100 years old, we have trapdoor that leads to the cellar. When I moved the chair (much too quickly and awkwardly) that sits on the trapdoor my back went out on me. You would think someone who has already had two back surgeries would be a bit more careful when lifting/moving things?! What an idiot I am!!!! So here it is Tuesday and I am just starting to be able to move without grabbing my back and screaming out like a little girlie.

No comments: