Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Resophonics

Many of you know that I have been playing the guitar since I was 10. I think that if you play an instrument you have a greater appreciation of more diverse music genres. I enjoy rock, folk, bluegrass, blues, jazz and country (from the 50’s and 60’s, not the new crap they try to tell you is country). One band that I have seen at least 4 times is The Resophonics. They are a bluegrass/folk band that really rocks. They have so much energy on the stage and they always have one or two hilarious stories to tell. The first time I saw them only three members of the band performed, Paul Kochanski on bass, Sean Staples on guitar and Eric Royer on banjo. I drew caricatures of them of them minus Sean’s beard, which he no longer has. You can check out there site here, although the link to purchase their CD’s no longer works.

Paul Kochanski

Sean Staples

Eric Royer

No comments: