Friday, March 1, 2013

Seeing Lincoln

My wife and I attended the Success in the World of Comics Seminar which was held in Maryland on February 16th and 17th. What a fun and informative two days. Hats off to Chad Carpenter and Bill Kellogg for creating this wonderful event! For an in-depth look at who the other speakers were and what they said, visit Alan Gardner’s The Daily Cartoonist.


We were lucky enough to get to stay a couple of days after the seminar to explore the area. One of the places I wanted to check out was a little art supply store called Art Things Inc. What a neat store. The place is jammed packed with anything you would want for your artistic needs. The prices were good and the help was very friendly. If I lived closer, it would be my go-to art supply store!


On one of the evenings we met up with Mike Rhode of ComicsDC and he was nice enough to take us on a nighttime walking tour of a many of the monuments in DC. My wife and I had never been to Washington before, so it was an amazing experience. With Mike being such a knowledgeable guy, we couldn’t have had a better tour guide! The image below was done in pen and watercolor and is the front of the thank you note I sent Mike.


A huge thank you to everyone who helped make this one of the best vacations I’ve been on in a long time!

Be sure to check back next week for Cartoonist Survey #281 with illustrator and cartoonist Brent Engstrom.

No comments: