Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving from David Wasting Paper

I wanted to take a minute and wish the readers of David Wasting Paper a Happy Thanksgiving! I fondly remember going to my grandmother's house when I was little to watch the Macy's Day Parade because she had a color TV and we didn't (yes, I am that old). My favorite part of the parade was the cartoon character balloons. Here are a few photos that I hope will bring back some happy memories.















Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, and remember to give thanks for our troops whose hard work and sacrifice, both here and abroad, allow us the freedom to gather with our loved ones for the holidays.

2 comments:

Bill White said...

Bullwinkle was always my favorite. It still doesn't seem like a "true" Macy's Parade without him.

The photo of the Olive Oyl balloon brings back great memories: My first year living in NYC, I wanted to see the parade in person after a lifetime of seeing it on TV. Come Thanksgiving morning, I overslept. I rushed oout of my building and looked down 42nd St., and there was Olive. Words cannot describe the feeling. The balloons are really spectacular in person. I'd recommend that everybody see it at least ONCE in person, but it's a real pain-in-the-giblets to attend the parade if you are from out of town.

David said...

Bullwinkle was always my favorite too Bill. I had thought that there was a Mr. Magoo balloon too, but I couldn't find it anywhere so I must be mistaken. They say that your memory is always the second thing to go.