Monday, June 13, 2011

"Vinny, don't put too many onions in the sauce."

The movie ‘GoodFellas’ is one of my all-time favorites. While searching for a new book for my Kindle (which I absolutely love), I came across “Gangsters and Goodfellas: The Mob, Witness Protection, and Life on the Run” by Henry Hill. I had to have it…and it was a great read. Since I was still hankering for more on Henry, I did another Amazon search and came across “The Wise Guy Cookbook: My Favorite Recipes From My Life as a Goodfella to Cooking on the Run” and ordered the sample. One of the first recipes given in the book is for a basic tomato sauce. This weekend I cooked up a batch and it came out really good. While watching TV, I often pull out my sketchbook…and last night was no exception. Here is the recipe along with my sketched rendition of the ingredients required. This is a great quick recipe with only a few healthy ingredients, and I highly recommend it.





Here's a link to a YouTube video with the prison cooking scene from 'GoodFellas'.


No comments: