Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Frankly Zappa


You may have figured out by the music on my Playlist that I have sort of an eclectic taste in music. One of the musicians who really expanded my horizons was Frank Zappa. I have a very vivid recollection of going to a wedding for a family member in 1976. My cousin, Eddie and I snuck out during the reception and walked to a record store near Harvard. I was really into Dylan, Kiss, Yes, Aerosmith and Zeppelin at the time. I asked my cousin who was a bit older than me if he had any recommendations. He told me that I couldn't go wrong with Zappa, so I picked up One Size Fits All. Music was never the same after listening to that album a couple of hundred times. If you have never listened to Frank, I strongly suggest picking up One Size Fits All first. I was sitting out in my truck listening to some Zappa on my iPod when I drew this one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you wonder why i call you a geek.....

Pastor Barbara said...

I was a huge Zappa fan in the 60s and 70s. Hot Rats was the song that changed the way I hear music. And the album (they really WERE albums back then!) with Suzy Creamcheese on it traveled with me through several moves.

Keep on truckin' my friend!

David said...

Hey Pastor Barbara, the album that has Suzy Creamcheese on it is "Freak Out!" I have that CD and many others of his. Let me know if you want to borrow any.