Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wacky Packages


Today I was thinking back to when I was a kid. My friends and I would ride our bikes to the store and buy Wacky Packages. We would take the doubles, and like the little hoodlums we were, we would stick them on the ceiling of the school bus. By the end of the year the ceiling was completely covered. Sorry Gloria (she was our bus driver)! The one above was one of my favorites because it featured a Classic Movie Monster. It is from the 4th series which was out in 1973. I did this in Faber Castell pens and watercolor. If you are interested at all in Wacky Packages check out http://www.wackypackages.org/index.php#images .
There is also a great book for sale that showcases the artwork on the stickers, Wacky Packages.

Oh yeah, the bike I rode in 1973 was none other than the Schwinn Sting-Ray, with banana seat, sissy bar, chrome fenders and a 3 speed shifter. Boy was I cool!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

That's a great drawing! And the Wacky Packages site is a hoot!